This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
successful ryanair refund

Successful refund from Ryanair
Hi hi everybody I just thought it worth posting. I had flights booked with RA to FUE depart Dublin Thursday 8th Oct, return Saturday 17th Oct. RA contacted me on 17th September to say the flight on the 8th October was cancelled and gave me the option to (a) transfer to the flight on Saturday 10th Oct, (b) cancel and take a voucher © cancel and take a refund. As I now have over €900 in vouchers due to previously cancelled flights, I opted for a refund. I was delighted to see on my online credit card account €429.36 has been refunded to me this morning. Well done Ryanair 👏🏻
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Congrats on the smooth refund Can and thanks for sharing - always nice to hear something positive about Ryanair.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Well got my refund from Ryanair this week only took 6 months!!!
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
(29-09-2020, 08:50 AM)Can the Man Wrote: Hi hi everybody I just thought it worth posting. I had flights booked with RA to FUE depart Dublin Thursday 8th Oct, return Saturday 17th Oct. RA contacted me on 17th September to say the flight on the 8th October was cancelled and gave me the option to (a) transfer to the flight on Saturday 10th Oct, (b) cancel and take a voucher © cancel and take a refund. As I now have over €900 in vouchers due to previously cancelled flights, I opted for a refund. I was delighted to see on my online credit card account €429.36 has been refunded to me this morning. Well done Ryanair 👏🏻

Our Xmas flights out came forward 2 days (email on Friday) as kids are at school we have today applied for a refund, however ours were booked with a previous voucher so will see how this plays out. One option was to contact custom services to change the flights but didn’t really fancy customer services frustrations.
1 user says Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
Received an email offering me a cash refund or voucher but only the £49 I paid no mention of offering a refund or voucher for the original voucher which was over £400. I suspect this may end up being a long frustrating saga. No doubt something in the small print says vouchers are not refundable.
2 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
(19-10-2020, 11:04 AM)Jason W Wrote: ... No doubt something in the small print says vouchers are not refundable.

Not their biggest fan and would love to say it's Ryanair only but unfortunately, every single airline does use the same policy - reusing the voucher on another flight will probably be the best case scenario.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(19-10-2020, 11:04 AM)Jason W Wrote: Received an email offering me a cash refund or voucher but only the £49 I paid no mention of offering a refund or voucher for the original voucher which was over £400. I suspect this may end up being a long frustrating saga. No doubt something in the small print says vouchers are not refundable.

I had exactly the same scenario of using a previous voucher for another flight & having to pay £18.82 for the new flight. I was eventually repaid after a long period the initial voucher first then the additional £18.82 was paid a few weeks later. My refunds received were the opposite to yours in that I received the large amount first then the smaller amount. I don`t know how RA refunds work not sure if anybody does including RA. 

They do seem to eventually repay you but not according to the CAA rules. Some good news that CAA is reviewing the refund policy.

https://www.caa.co.uk/News/UK-Civil-Avia...ds-review/
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you - maybe I will receive a second email shortly offering a voucher for the voucher.
2 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ryanair refund update fatherted 0 1,609 08-04-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: fatherted
  Ryanair refund!!!!!! Haribo 9 4,220 02-10-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jason W
  Ryanair Refund finally back in our account Nemo4 7 4,078 15-08-2020, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Will
  Ryanair refund possible reasons for delay fatherted 0 2,186 10-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Last Post: fatherted
  Ryanair Free Move another refund delaying tactic? fatherted 18 8,086 04-07-2020, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Sam