This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
hire searches car “offer”

“Offer” Car Hire in Searches
anyone heard of this one before ? Just started coming up in the searches but I haven’t seen or heard of them 🤔🤔
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Hard to say Ron, it could be any car hire company having a deal with the search engine, hiding (for a reason) under the Offer name. I wouldn't be surprised to end up with Goldcar or similar, paying an arm & a leg for the petrol and extra cover.

What searches are you seeing that on?
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
It was through Ryanair & Travelsupermarket as far as I recall Sam. The customer ratings were higher than Goldcar so assumed it wasn’t them. Also it being advertised in the box where the car hire firm name appears. I didn’t think it was a general special offer that could be with any company they had a special deal/rate with. It looked to me like a car hire company with the name “Offer” if you get what I mean. Very good prices though. A week in back end of October for 35€ roughly, I have my own insurance damage policy already so never take the “extras” 🤔🤔
Reply Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:27 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: ... Very good prices though. A week in back end of October for 35€ roughly...
That's shockingly cheap 😱
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Sometime ago I accepted the offer from Ryanair for car hire (if you find cheaper, we will give you free car hire).

Only when I arrived at Fuerteventura airport did I discover I was hiring from Inter Rent!!!

At that time (over two years ago) the connection between Inter Rent and Goldcar was almost unknown, unlike today where both stickers appear on the rear screen of hire cars. 

And yes, they tried to charge me 35e a week after I had returned the car, claiming it had not been washed!  My credit card company refunded the Money and did a charge back to them. 

Tom.
5 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
I did a check recently when Ryanair sent me an email re their various offers post-flight back to Fuerteventura, just out of idle interest. I can confirm that all of their apparently bargain deals are via Interrent, Europcar or Goldcar, and in every single case the hirer would end up with Goldcar! Given that they have been exposed in various studies for questionable or outright criminal practice, and that Facebook is strewn with groups sharing ‘ripped off’ experiences, I am astonished to see so many of their cars on the roads here!
2 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
It is possible to select (or de-select) specific suppliers. I always de-select the usual suspects as a matter of course 😁
Reply Quote
It turned out to be “Orlando”. I actually saw that from the pick up address on the booking form but it didn’t say Orlando anywhere, just “Offer Car Hire”
That was fine with me, never had any probs with Orlando despite the reviews & have used them numerous times.

UPDATE: All went fine, no probs with car or hire. Only thing I didn’t like was when I took the car back & asked if it was being checked off before I left, I was told “the mechanics have 48 hrs to check after return”, never heard that one before !! 
Wasn’t happy with that but I told them (& made it obvious I was doing so) I had taken a picture of every mark on the car on pick up & same again on return, including fuel gauge as that wasn’t checked either.
Blocked deposit returned 1 day after the return so appears all good but all photos & paperwork will (as usual) be kept for 3 months, I don’t trust any of them, Orlando or otherwise
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car hire prices Si Tie 13 6,148 31-03-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Volcano
  sorry car hire question Si Tie 8 4,249 27-09-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  Daily van hire Fuerteventura AndreDavies747 10 4,441 21-05-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  car hire deposits Si Tie 6 4,204 16-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Si Tie