This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
home with can container my sea build by

Can i build a home with sea container by my self?
Hi to all, i'm looking for an help. I was in Fuerte last year and now i'd like to live there with a little project in my mind. I've contacted all the "ayuntamientos" but nobody has responded via mail. Just a simple question: Anyone know if i can build with my hands (and some professionals) a home with sea containers? (outside i can make the house like a regular one). I'm gonna put the containers on anti-sismic pillars. If anybody knows anything..i don't want to spend Money and time just for an answer for now. In Lanzarote is possible but i don't like the island very much. Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.
3 users say Thank You to jonnytalento for this post
Reply Quote
No idea jt but great idea. I have wanted to try this for years. If you go ahead can I ask you to keep us posted & pics please. All the best with your endeavours. . Ron
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
The English speaking tourism councillor in Caleta de Fuste maybe able to point you in the direction of the correct office....?
Debbie Edgington
concejalia@caletadefuste.es
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
I did consider building a home cinema in a sea container.  I decided against it the end on grounds that it would just get too darn hot inside.
2 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
I have friends locally who built a home in a shipping container to live in while they built a 'proper' house on the same plot. The container has bedroom/lounge, bathroom, kitchen area inc washing machine, plumbed in water, solar power, patio doors, another smaller window or 2, and one end is converted to a storage area with outside access for tools etc. It is now up for sale (to be moved elsewhere, not to stay on their plot!). Has been their home for a couple of years: 2 adults and 2 young children and a small dog!
I can ask them if they know about using a container as a long term home if you like? And any other pros/cons.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Well I would think if electricity is installed,then aircon could be fitted easily or at very least one of the portable ones I have seen in Electron. Rolleyes
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
I think it is insulated so not too bad, either hot or cold.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:22 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I have friends locally who built a home in a shipping container to live in while they built a 'proper' house on the same plot. The container has bedroom/lounge, bathroom, kitchen area inc washing machine, plumbed in water, solar power, patio doors, another smaller window or 2, and one end is converted to a storage area with outside access for tools etc. It is now up for sale (to be moved elsewhere, not to stay on their plot!). Has been their home for a couple of years: 2 adults and 2 young children and a small dog!
I can ask them if they know about using a container as a long term home if you like? And any other pros/cons.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. If they build it then it's buildable. I know a lot of insulation and all the type of work on a construction, I noticed that if I build almost by my self I'm gonna spend 1/4 per meter, related to normal construction and restoration. If your friends say that there's no problem to build a home with containers I'm coming back to Fuerte immediately to buy a plot. Thanks again!
2 users say Thank You to jonnytalento for this post
Reply Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:04 PM)Tardis Wrote: I did consider building a home cinema in a sea container.  I decided against it the end on grounds that it would just get too darn hot inside.

Hi! Sorry but i don't really understand the phrase, i'm Italian and i learned English with subtitled movies..haha. If the problem is the hot climate you can insulate the container with 80mm polystyrene panels, you can glue them with a foam..or you can build a structure similar to a drywall and put rockwool inside and then you close the wall with outdoor gypsum panel. There's a lot of solution for the insulation, no need to put AC.
Reply Quote
(02-11-2019, 02:34 PM)classic Wrote: The English speaking tourism councillor in Caleta de Fuste maybe able to point you in the direction of the correct office....?
Debbie Edgington
concejalia@caletadefuste.es

Hi! Many thanks! I'm gonna write to her, absolutely. Thanks again.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brexit - Second Home Ownership windermeregolfer 11 6,879 12-07-2019, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Spitfire58