Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
hire payless car

Payless Car Hire
More recently have used Plus Car but I am seeing good offers in January from Payless. Have used them loads of times in the past, but not last couple of years. Anyone with recent experience?...are they still as good?...thanks
2 users say Thank You to bksk2004 for this post
Reply Quote
Hi,
I have used them lots over the last few years, always been excellent cars and service.
Got 2 weeks booked with them in December, so will update if any problems.
3 users say Thank You to CliffDiving for this post
Reply Quote
We have used Payless many times over the past 8 - 10 years and always have had a good experience with then.

Booked a Fiat Panda for 10 days, October just gone, and was 'upgraded' to a Seat Ibiza.

My only minor gripe is that on occasions the fuel can be a bit low i.e. below 1/4 tank on pick-up, but that's perhaps more down to the previous customer squeezing the last kilometre out of the tank, as you take the car back with the same amount of fuel as on pick-up.
There are a number of fuel stations en route to El Cotillo, so has never presented a problem for us.

If I was not familiar with the location of petrol stations, this could be a concern for new visitors, especially if arriving late / in darkness. 

When in doubt, squirt a few €s worth in at the station by the aeropuerto exit.
3 users say Thank You to Gone Fishing for this post
Reply Quote
If I had to chose I would go with PlusCar. Payless is usually slightly cheaper but the queues at their kiosk are quite long, especially on Saturdays. The last time we had a booking with them ended up walking to CiCar and took a car with them.
PlusCar offices are less than 5 minutes from the airport so if there's more than 5 customers they usually call another person to serve them faster.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Range Rover Hire On The Island ollie2020uk 6 1,612 15-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Sam
  car hire companies with roof racks Si Tie 2 1,372 11-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Si Tie
  “Offer” Car Hire in Searches Spitfire58 7 4,817 06-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Spitfire58
  The best car hire company - poll Sam 32 8,083 30-09-2019, 09:57 AM
  Is it possible to hire an EV or a PHEV? Rasputin 14 4,135 11-04-2019, 09:09 PM