Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
residency letter

Residency letter
My husband and I have received our favourable letters but we are in the UK for Christmas and have only 7 days to pick them up before they are returned! Any advice please..can I get a friend to pick them up for me ? Or do you have to go to the post office yourself TIA
1 user says Thank You to Witmaj for this post
Reply Quote
I am not 100% sure, but think you need proof of identity to collect from post office.  Perhaps you could give a local friend a letter of authorisation to collect. Would need to be written in Spanish.  Maybe others here will know more.
1 user says Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(26-12-2020, 11:52 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: I am not 100% sure, but think you need proof of identity to collect from post office.  Perhaps you could give a local friend a letter of authorisation to collect. Would need to be written in Spanish.  Maybe others here will know more.

I am pretty sure you are right Em in my experience you need ID and the notification that the Letter/Package has been delivered, a letter of authority should not be an issue, the that could be typed up using Google translate and emailed to a friend, however, the Correos notification might be another thing.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you guys I have just sent over a letter in Spanish to my friend who will try in the morning so fingers crossed   thank you
Reply Quote
(26-12-2020, 11:39 AM)Witmaj Wrote: My husband and I have received our favourable letters but we are in the UK for Christmas and have only 7 days to pick them up before they are returned! Any advice please..can I get a friend to pick them up for me ? Or do you have to go to the post office yourself TIA

I'm intrigued! How do you know they are favourable if you haven't yet read them?  Wink
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Because you can check on line Rolleyes
Reply Quote
Good on you 👍👍
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Witmaj, please let us know if the collection was successful. It would be helpful to know for anyone in similar position.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Will do  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Reply Quote
The business I'm involved in we need what is called an Authority to act.  Its basically our clients giving us permission to represent them.
Its a declaration from you to say the 3rd party act on your behalf.  It has to be signed by you.  Not sure if it would work in Spain?  Good luck
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for residency Scarlett88 4 295 05-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Scarlett88
  Residency online Witmaj 0 356 01-10-2020, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Witmaj
  Residency: The new system, TIE Cotillo_Tom 27 3,091 22-09-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: McAdam
  Foreign Office Open Letter windermeregolfer 6 1,291 19-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Sam