This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
gathering farce momentum ryanain ryanair refund

Ryanair refund farce gathering momentum
Ryanair cancelled my flight and I applied for a refund.  I have waited about 4 weeks for the refund and then was only offered a voucher which I do not want.  They say "You can request a cash refund however bear in mind we will place your request in the cash refund queue until the COVID-19 emergency has passed. "

I want cash but also it is my understanding that if they go bust the vouchers would be of no use.

There is some movement on the problem due to the likes of the Money Saving Expert site.  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2...content=28

Worth a read.

It contains an email address which you can contact.  I have done this. 

Also your credit card company can be asked to help.
1 user says Thank You to el caballo hambriento for this post
Reply Quote
Ryanair won't go bust, they are sitting on a mountain of cash.  However, despite the law saying you should get a refund in 14 days, they are probably being commercially sensible in trying to hang on to the Money for as long as possible.  If you think you'll use them again, grab the voucher.
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
(22-04-2020, 08:27 AM)el caballo hambriento Wrote: Ryanair cancelled my flight and I applied for a refund.  I have waited about 4 weeks for the refund and then was only offered a voucher which I do not want.  They say "You can request a cash refund however bear in mind we will place your request in the cash refund queue until the COVID-19 emergency has passed. "

I want cash but also it is my understanding that if they go bust the vouchers would be of no use.

There is some movement on the problem due to the likes of the Money Saving Expert site.  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2...content=28

Worth a read.

It contains an email address which you can contact.  I have done this. 

Also your credit card company can be asked to help.

I got the same today as well. Asked for a refund and got a voucher today instead, which I will not accept
Reply Quote
(24-04-2020, 04:30 PM)bedouin Wrote: Ryanair won't go bust, they are sitting on a mountain of cash.  However, despite the law saying you should get a refund in 14 days, they are probably being commercially sensible in trying to hang on to the money for as long as possible.  If you think you'll use them again, grab the voucher.

I wouldn't be so sure.  I think some airlines will go bust and as a result prices will go up
Reply Quote
Like others, I got an email confirming my refund was being processed (14 days)  After the 14 days,  I got another email saying there was a delay processing the refund and it would take longer as vulnerable customers were being given priority (Question: how do they know how is vulnerable??).

This week I got an email saying here is your voucher for your cancelled booking. A voucher I never requested!!

Knowing how to access the refund site https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/ I tried to request my refund again. 

My flight number starts FR (as do most Ryanair flights), however the refunds refund webpage insists it is "an invalid flight code" and rejected my request!

Me thinks this is simply a ploy to avoid us requesting a refund😫

Frustrated of Cotillo!! aka Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
You put in the FR higher up the page. This box just wants numbers.
Worked for me but I still won't get refund until COVID all over!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(24-04-2020, 04:30 PM)bedouin Wrote: Ryanair won't go bust, they are sitting on a mountain of cash.  However, despite the law saying you should get a refund in 14 days, they are probably being commercially sensible in trying to hang on to the money for as long as possible.  If you think you'll use them again, grab the voucher.

Guess what mountain of cash they're sitting on. We, probably like many people, booked and paid for our recently cancelled flights 6 months in advance.   If say 100 people do that for every flight and they have the use of that Money for 6 months .......

Certainly beats borrowing from the banks!
2 users say Thank You to jimbews for this post
Reply Quote
(26-04-2020, 03:39 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: You put in the FR higher up the page. This box just wants numbers.
Worked for me but I still won't get refund until covid all over!

Yes, I did that but it said:
The airline code selected does not match the airline of any of the flights for this booking. 

Also: the booking has disappeared from my bookings in the app and on the website. 

I have flights booked for the whole of 2020 (I always book flights for the year ahead as soon as the new program is released) therefore I dont want a voucher as it will be more than 12 months before I book new flights. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Tom try going back to the site again.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

Put in your details again clicking in the airline code Ryanair(FR)

Just put the 4 figure flight number in the box that says affected flight number.

Fill in the rest of the details again.

Than submit

If they have you in their system it will say that there has already been a refund application submitted for those flight details (or words to that effect).

I did something similar to you & was not sure if that had received my submission for a refund. Once I knew that my refund was in their system I felt confident that I might get a refund eventually or at least my details were logged.

Hope this works for you.
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
I tried all that & got the “a refund has already been requested bit” 
Originally put in for refund when they said flight was cancelled & got the confirmation that it would be processed then surprise surprise, got another email with a voucher which I will not accept. The “chat bot” is useless been on hold for two 8hr sessions & no further forward. Next step I think is the FAA ombudsman or whatever it is but Ryanair are not getting away with it, step after that will be the small claims court !!
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ryanair refund update fatherted 0 1,593 08-04-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: fatherted
  Successful refund from Ryanair Can the Man 7 3,908 21-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Jason W
  Ryanair refund!!!!!! Haribo 9 4,190 02-10-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jason W
  Ryanair Refund finally back in our account Nemo4 7 4,065 15-08-2020, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Will
  Ryanair refund possible reasons for delay fatherted 0 2,179 10-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Last Post: fatherted