This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
corralejo santander bank

Santander Bank Corralejo
Good Morning 

Just wondered if anyone has a contact Tel number and name at Santander Bank Corralejo, I am hoping to open an account but in UK at moment .Thanks in advance .
2 users say Thank You to jdeefd for this post
Reply Quote
(30-12-2020, 09:50 AM)jdeefd Wrote: Good Morning 

Just wondered if anyone has a contact Tel number and name at Santander Bank Corralejo, I am hoping to open an account but in UK at moment .Thanks in advance .

Hi, if you have a Santander account in the UK and think it is a similar company here, sadly you will find they are far from it, I did and very quickly found that and was advised to change, I switched to Sabbadel, you will I am sure find that you will get lots of advice on here, but would tentatively suggest that most are with Sabaddel.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(30-12-2020, 10:40 AM)Johnrgby Wrote:
(30-12-2020, 09:50 AM)jdeefd Wrote: Good Morning 

Hi, if you have a Santander account in the UK and think it is a similar company here, sadly you will find they are far from it, I did and very quickly found that and was advised to change, I switched to Sabbadel, you will I am sure find that you will get lots of advice on here, but would tentatively suggest that most are with Sabaddel.

Second vote from me for Sabaddel  Wink Wink
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Like you, we are Santander customers in the UK and just assumed we would use Santander out here, but as you now know, they are quite seperate banks.  WSe also discovered that no one in the Corralejo barnch spoke English (or enough English for us) as a genetleman who had dealt with the English speaking customers had just been moved to another branch (Caleta, I think).

So, we ended up with Sabadell and I add a further vote for them.  Yes, you will not like the charges etc, but you have to accept that Banking out here is not the same as Banking in the UK.

Good luck.

Tom
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Avoid Santander, Corralejo.  They have a dreadful reputation.
2 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
On the issue of charges, it depends whether you are /are going to be a resident, if so there are you can open an expansion plus account which has no fees, there is also an Expansion Account which has charges of 15€ a quarter, as to why a resident would want this account is beyond my comprehension but it is available, the other thing to watch for, with the Expansion account is the fact they charge an annual fee for a second card, which they do not with the Expansion plus, as to charges for non residents I am afraid I cannot help.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Sabadell has my vote also, I have a non resident joint account with my wife bank charges are a bit on the high side but you will get people who can speak English to help you. They will also offer services like insurance but are very expensive compared to Liberty Sergas
3 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
If you want to open an account you have to appear in person with all your documentation, passports, NIE.

This is the English speaking helpline number for those who have accounts but I'm sure you can get advice from them. +34 912 737 090.

Corralejo office email is; 4168@gruposantander.es  If you're sending an email best to translate to Spanish first, even if it is only to ask for an appointment for the next time you're there.
2 users say Thank You to Pandali for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK Private pensions paid direct to Spanish bank account - charges! TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,946 03-10-2022, 08:44 PM
Last Post: classic
  Which bank is best for Corralejo? Bill 12 5,498 15-04-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Sam
  What’s the latest on bank charges ? FVmouse 6 5,717 26-09-2021, 12:09 PM
Last Post: FVmouse
  Banco Santander Pandali 0 3,648 08-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Pandali
  Bank ID verification letter mark5075 9 9,266 21-09-2020, 09:20 AM
Last Post: beachlife