Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
puerto wind rosario turbines

Wind Turbines - Puerto del Rosario
Driving into Puerto yesterday I saw they had started the construction of a new wind turbine (maybe more than 1) on top of the hill by the Technology Park/old Airport.
2 enormously long lorries with the column sections were parked up and 3 blades unloaded and on the ground ready for installation. It'll certainly catch the wind up there!
It explains what all the cabling work has been about going up the hill, and the purpose of the new building being constructed up there.
Living my dream
6 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
About a kilometre from where I live. It's clear from the trees in the picture in which direction the prevailing winds blow, which I would say it'is north north-west.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

4 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
Took some pics yesterday.

I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I've heard that they'll supply enough electricity to meet the needs of Puerto del Rosario and more.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:01 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: I've heard that they'll supply enough electricity to meet the needs of Puerto del Rosario and more.

That could be the case if this couple is a part of the eight wind turbines, you've reported back in January - https://fuerteventura.click/Thread-Eight...nicipality
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Drove through this area today and was amazed at the progress. The blades are in place on the 2 already pictured. And up on the hill behind El Time, near the Communications site,  there are columns up for 3 more, and it looked (from quite a distance away) that they may be erecting another column.  The landscape has really changed ....
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
They were working on Sunday, when I drove north at midday the first was complete and the second was only a column and when I drove back at 5pm the generator and 2 blades had been fitted.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(10-11-2020, 12:35 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Drove through this area today and was amazed at the progress. The blades are in place on the 2 already pictured. And up on the hill behind El Time, near the Communications site,  there are columns up for 3 more, and it looked (from quite a distance away) that they may be erecting another column.  The landscape has really changed ....

We saw two being up behind El Time a few days ago - attached.
There might me another couple or three popping up near La Matilla.

I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:11 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: They were working on Sunday, when I drove north at midday the first was complete and the second was only a column and when I drove back at 5pm the generator and 2 blades had been fitted.

Taken Friday morning.

I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Promenade from Los Pozos, Puerto del Rosario to Playa Blanca Captain Sensible 16 2,722 03-12-2020, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  New hotel at the seafront in Puerto del Rosario Sam 2 1,083 29-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Photovoltaic plants in Puerto del Rosario Sam 3 972 28-10-2019, 08:57 PM
  A new Seguridad Social Office is planned in Puerto del Rosario Captain Sensible 0 1,152 15-10-2019, 11:48 AM
  New building just up from Electron in Risco Prieto - Puerto del Rosario Decho 10 3,161 23-05-2019, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Sam