This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
international kite 2018 internacional festival cometas

Festival Internacional de Cometas (International Kite Festival) 8th-11th Nov 2018
Hello Smile 

The XXXI Festival Internacional de Cometas (International Kite Festival) will take place at the Corralejo Dunes, Playa del Burro (also in the Corralejo dunes park) and at Play de la Concha in El Cotillo on the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th of November 2018. See below full schedule.

Full schedule

Thursday 8th Nov:
"La Concha" beach in Cotillo

10:30 AM
Opening flight of the festival - Opening Flight featuring the creativity of Jacinto and Flora.

10 AM - 5 PM
Exhibition of static and acrobatic kites.

Friday 9th Nov:
"El Burro" beach - sand dunes near Corralejo

11 AM - 1 PM
Session for school children - Workshops that are organized with the schools of the municipality.

10 AM - 5 PM
Exhibition of static and acrobatic kites - All undertaken by professional kite flyers coming from different European countries.

Saturday 10th Nov:

10 AM - 5 PM
Kite exhibition of diverse shapes and colours.

11:30 AM - 4 PM
Animation for all the children present.

1 PM
"Rokakus" kite combat - Air fighting competition between the kites participating there only the strongest wins.

Sunday 11th Nov:

10 AM - 5 PM
The colouful kites will fly again over our Dunes landscape.

11:30 AM - 4 PM
Animation for all the children present.

2 PM
Closing and price giving ceremony of the XXXI (31st) International Kite Festival for all the participants.

Is anyone going to International Kite Festival in November?
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
4 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
(30-10-2018, 09:47 AM)Mia Wrote: Is anyone going to International Kite Festival in November?

Count me in Wink
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
We will be going on at least one day  Wink Wink
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Mia can you clarify which days are where as the opening part of your post seems to indicate that there will be kites in El Cotillo every day but the listing indicates 8th only
Thanks in anticipation
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
Reply Quote
The kites are only at El Cotillo on Thursday.
Reply Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:04 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Mia can you clarify which days are where as the opening part of your post seems to indicate that there will be kites in El Cotillo every day but the listing indicates 8th only
Thanks in anticipation

Sorry for the confusion  - only on Thursday 8th November La Concha beach in El Cotillo
Reply Quote
I've just read that there will be 450 kites, from 8 countries, taking part in the festival. Should be spectacular!
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
(02-11-2018, 05:01 PM)bedouin Wrote: I've just read that there will be 450 kites, from 8 countries, taking part in the festival. Should be spectacular!

Can't wait, it sounds amazing. 451 with ours Big Grin
1 user says Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
The poster:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
A video from last years Kite Festival. It really is a colourful event. A great opportunity if your a happy snapper like me

[Image: cCXOHpt.jpg]
El Cotillo, my spiritual home
3 users say Thank You to Tel501 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuerteventura Reggae Festival - rescheduled for 18th Nov in Lajares Captain Sensible 4 2,475 12-11-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Joy Division
  XXXIV Festival Internacional de Cometas - International Kite Festival 2021 TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,954 12-11-2021, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Bertie
  XXXIII Festival Internacional de Cometas - International Kite Festival 2020 Captain Sensible 6 5,439 06-11-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Bertie
  TRAN TRAN International Clown Festival 2020 Sam 5 4,141 21-08-2020, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Paladea Festival Captain Sensible 10 7,190 27-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible