This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
spain with children makes travelling travel impossible restrictions

New travel restrictions to Spain makes travelling with children Impossible?
So from December 1st all travellers to Spain over 12 must be fully vaccinated to gain entry... the only issue is that in the uk 12 to 16 Yr olds are only being given one dose of the Pfizer vaccine so are not classed as fully vaccinated? Im not sure who to check this with as its currently impossible to get a second dose for a child unless they are clinically at risk or live with someone that is. But according to the letter of the wording it basically excludes children between 12 and 16 of travel to Spain.   

Anyone have any insight?

Links below. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice...quirements

"The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) to present on entry proof of being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified), with a vaccine authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation"
2 users say Thank You to simmyoto for this post
Reply Quote
I'm truly sorry simmyoto, but it looks like it.

Removing the option for a negative test and letting only vaccinated people in, regardless if they're positive or not, is a pretty costly step backwards, IMHO. 200 untested people, shoulder to shoulder, sharing a tiny space for 4+ hours. What could possibly go wrong? Sorry for the rant.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I too am utterly perplexed by this decision, and disappointed too since it looks to have prevented my extended family and I from visiting Fuerteventura for a long anticipated family get together.

If the Spanish government really were concerned from a public health point of view about recent developments I would have thought they would have done the inverse, and changed the ruling to only accept negative PCR tests regardless of vaccination status. I don't want to speculate or bring any bad feelings on here, but I cannot help thinking that there must be something else at play here.

I feel for all affected by this.

It's been reported in El Pais:

Spain tightens travel restrictions amid concerns over omicron coronavirus variant | Spain | EL PAÍS English Edition (elpais.com)
Just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose
3 users say Thank You to Felipe Geraldo for this post
Reply Quote
Agree with everyone's sentiments, it would appear there have been cases attributed to transmission in aircraft cabins.
Perhaps they feel unvaccinated folks are more likely to become more unwell and put more pressure on health services.
Hopefully in 3 weeks they'll have a better understanding of the new variant.
3 users say Thank You to Joe Average for this post
Reply Quote
They do say “or one does of a one does vaccine” - the UK considers one dose to be the full vaccine.

I think with documentations saying so, they would be able to enter.

But as with anything these days, its best to call/email and clarify with the airline and whatever other authorities you can.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspension of All Restrictions in the Canary Islands Captain Sensible 13 6,013 20-04-2022, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  Spanish trace and track app on phone for passenger travelling from England to Fven el caballo hambriento 9 5,125 24-07-2021, 06:55 AM
Last Post: classic
  Current Rules and Restrictions for Tourists Captain Sensible 27 17,693 11-07-2021, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Pete Garyga
  Taking Covid 19 test in Fven before travelling to England el caballo hambriento 2 4,337 23-05-2021, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Belgian travel advice for Spain erik_tonny 25 11,784 19-12-2020, 07:44 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer