This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
card travel tie discount

TIE card Travel discount
Good morning and a happy new year to you all.

We changed our green Residencia cards last year for the new TIE cards, we used to travel with the old cards and get the discount can you travel with the new TIE cards and get the discount?.

We was told no because on the new cards it says  TEMPORAL.

We used the new TIE card last year on the ferry and got the discount?.

Any advice please.

Many thanks Bob.
1 user says Thank You to tigga1958 for this post
Reply Quote
If you book online and if you input your details exactly as on your TIE you shouldn't have any problems. The last stage of a booking checks your details against the SARA database and tells you if you have been verified. I booked some stuff last night for a lady who was first registered here in Oct 2021 and it went thru no problem.
She had been to LaOliva ayuntamiento to ask for the 'travel cert' and was told she wasn't eligible which is BS. Resident is resident from day 1.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Many thanks for the information.

We also had been to LaOliva ayuntamiento to ask for the 'travel cert' and we was told we wasn't eligible as we were temp residents but before the new TIE card we always got the travel cert with no problem.
2 users say Thank You to tigga1958 for this post
Reply Quote
I concur with Tamara, I have obtained my TIE but have just booked online for our ferry back to the mainland in April and got our resident discount ok as we are in the system.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Hi to all,

I have just booked flights to La Palma with Binta using our new TIE card, the site would not verify us as residents and the ticket says A Travel Certificate must be shown.
Is this the travel certificate that LaOliva ayuntamiento will not issue?.

We used our TIE card to Lanzarote 2 weeks ago with no problem.

Any advice please?.
1 user says Thank You to tigga1958 for this post
Reply Quote
How "new" is the TIE?  It might be that if very new, your details haven't got onto the travel database yet. Mine is a couple of years old now and the discount has automatically applied to flights and ferries.  

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(24-02-2022, 12:21 PM)tigga1958 Wrote: Hi to all,

I have just booked flights to La Palma with Binta using our new TIE card, the site would not verify us as residents and the ticket says A Travel Certificate must be shown.
Is this the travel certificate that LaOliva ayuntamiento will not issue?.

We used our TIE card to Lanzarote 2 weeks ago with no problem.

Any advice please?.

The most likely explanation is that you did not enter your names on the Binter booking system exactly as you did for your TIE. This is often because of the different way names are entered in which boxes. Confusion can occur with middle names and lack of second surname. Sometimes auto fill causes the problem. 
If your ferry booking confirmed you OK previously then you are on the SARA database for travel discounts. 
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do with this booking except pay the full price. You can't change names. And as you said, La Oliva ayuntamiento are not issuing the travel certs.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get a discount for travel within Spain windermeregolfer 2 3,779 18-04-2019, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Documents needed for resident's Discount Travel tigga1958 15 8,702 15-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby