This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
house recommendations insurance car

house and car insurance recommendations
Good Morning,

Just looking for reasonable car insurance and house insurance Corralejo is the house location  please 

any recommendations thank you
1 user says Thank You to jdeefd for this post
Reply Quote
Direct Line, or as they prefer here, Linea Directa.  All done in English. Cheaper than the bank or several other quotes.  Great service so far.  

Have yet to make a claim, and that is the true acid test of any insurance company.  I have, many years ago, made a claim from Direct Line in the UK, and everything was handled well.  

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(03-11-2021, 08:42 AM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Direct Line, or as they prefer here, Linea Directa.  All done in English. Cheaper than the bank or several other quotes.  Great service so far.  

Have yet to make a claim, and that is the true acid test of any insurance company.  I have, many years ago, made a claim from Direct Line in the UK, and everything was handled well.  

Tom.

Totally agree Tom, I have used them for more than to 20 years both in the UK and here, having said that you do ned to watch them as like every insurance company they will try to increase your premium every year, but tell them you do not intend to renew, and they will requote rather than lose you as a customer.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I’ve got two cars with Línea Directa, very happy with them. The prices have risen a little over seven years, but not extortionately. I had an accident in one car when someone found their phone more interesting than safely entering a roundabout, and LD dealt with that swiftly and efficiently - no impact on my renewal cost (not at fault).

I have my household insurance with Liberty Seguros, good prices, and coincidentally have a current claim (substantial) ongoing. They responded immediately to my first panicky phone call, engineer out straight away, and had assessors etc out within a few days. Resolution is dragging on, but it’s a big claim. The key thing for me is that I used a broker, Atlantic Insurance in Corralejo, and he (Robert) has been able to access much more info re the state of play than I could have myself. I’d recommend getting a quote from Atlantic Insurance, if only for comparison, but that personal touch is, in my experience, invaluable!
3 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
I've used Linea Directa for 16 years and they are very good. 

I've called them several times to deal with problems when cars wouldn't start or broke down, and they organise the gruas(breakdown truck) who comes out to start the car or take it to the garage. This is included in the premium.

My stationary car was hit a few years ago and the claim was dealt with very well.

As John says, it's worth bargaining with them as they do have flexibility on premiums if you say that you are cancelling.

My house insurance is through Solbank.  It was the most competitive when I shopped around a few years ago. I've claimed once for a water leak and they were efficient in organising a plumber (ARF in Puerto) to come and find and fix the leak.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
I have all my insurances with Liberty through Atlantic/Robert, very happy with all. But, Robert has just been in for a hip replacement operation, don't know if the actual shop is open at the moment. Last time he had medical treatment he dealt with me via email: robert@aibsl.net
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I have my home insurance with Liberty Seguros in Caleta through Yolanda, just renew each year. They were far cheaper than Sol Bank
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
(05-11-2021, 10:42 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I have my home insurance with Liberty Seguros in Caleta through Yolanda, just renew each year. They were far cheaper than Sol Bank

Ditto and when we made a claim all the work and equipment replacement was delt with by Yolanda on our behalf.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations Please colv1965 1 1,830 13-08-2021, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Emmi Smith