This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
items aka rats buying ikea

Buying items from IKEA AKA Rats!
Has anyone bought items from them that required delivery?  If so did they deliver on the day promised?  Has anyone used their assembly service and if so how was it?  Do they take away your old furniture?  I am happy to pay for assembly and disposal of my old furniture.

Edit by Tamara:
The original thread remains as 'buying items from IKEA' under General Discussions.
Due to extreme 'thread drift' I have copied the thread here and this can continue on the RATS theme  Big Grin
Reply Quote
Delivery: works a treat, always call 30 or 40 minutes before they arrived. Happy to climb stairs with packages and always very polite.  You do have to have a Spanish phone number, as they will not call a UK number. 

Assembly: Sorry, never used this service, so can't help other than to say, I was warned about 8 years ago never to use them.  However, that individual also said never have a delivery as they don't turn up!!!   Shows it pays to take such comments with a very large dose of salt.
Reply Quote
I have to agree with Tom concerning delivery, our experience was they were excellent and we weren’t in the country at the time. The lady that looks after our property has a Spanish telephone number they called her and made arrangements for delivery.
Concerning assembly we also booked this as we were having a major refit after the apartment was thrashed by a rat coming up the toilet. So our assembly was 2 double beds, 3 bedside lockers, chest of drawers, L shaped couch/sofa bed, and a few other incidentals I can’t remember. EXCELLENT SERVIC would do it again if I ever needed it. As far as I can remember they took away the packaging, no furniture to be removed as we had already arranged an apartment clearances.

This happened a few years ago, so I can’t comment on current service.
Reply Quote
(20-08-2021, 12:07 AM)Can the Man Wrote: we were having a major refit after the apartment was thrashed by a rat coming up the toilet

I understand this is a bit off-topic, but I'd really appreciate if you would elaborate on this further? I read this with absolute horror and now have grave concerns!
Reply Quote
If you have a vacant property, get someone to go in and flush toilets once a week. The water in the pan evaporates, so needs it!!
Reply Quote
(20-08-2021, 07:55 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: If you have a vacant property, get someone to go in and flush toilets once a week. The water in the pan evaporates, so needs it!!

The alternative and a method used by the owners of the property next ours is to Clingfilm the toilets, seems to work.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
Reply Quote
Crumbs! Hopefully not facing that after 18 odd months away. Does closing the seat cover and putting a weight on it work or can they squeeze through regardless?
Reply Quote
(21-08-2021, 01:08 PM)cjm Wrote: Crumbs! Hopefully not facing that after 18 odd months away. Does closing the seat cover and putting a weight on it work or can they squeeze through regardless?

logically, if Clingfilm stops them, a weight of any kind on top of the toilet sets should work.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
Reply Quote
I heard putting a bit of cooking or olive oil in the toilet bowl would create a film on the surface of the water stopping it evaporating, not sure if it works or not though as I've not tried it.
Loving it  Cool

Reply Quote
Thread drift.  This is about IKEA!  Please begin a separate thread.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying in Caleta? Ducks 11 5,599 22-11-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Buying Vs Renting Joe Average 9 4,515 24-08-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Joe Average
  Information on IKEA furniture assembly OMR + MIN 6 4,413 28-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Last Post: classic
  buying to rent jojochef 30 14,918 13-06-2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Robbo