This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
puerto ship season cruise 2020 rosario

Cruise Ship Season - Puerto del Rosario 2020/21
The Puerto del Rosario dock will receive the first cruises in November

In the so-called new tourist normality after the pandemic, the capital of Majorera will receive the main shipping companies of the TUI group in the port of Porto next November .

In this sense, the following cruise ships are expected to arrive in the port of the capital in the 2020/2021 winter season :

- AIDAnova: November 4

- AIDAstella: November 6

- AIDAvita: November 14

- AIDAnova: from November 6 to April 16 every Wednesday (change from AIDAnova to AIDAperla is confirmed)

- Mein Schiff4 - Kanaren mit Madeira III: from November 15 to March 27 on Saturdays every two weeks from Saturday, November 21

- Mein Schiff3 - Kanaren mit Madeira II: January 12, February 9 and March 16

The shipping companies will take at all times the prevention measures established by the health authorities to deal with COVID-19 .

The mayor of the Puerto del Rosario City Council, Juan Jiménez , has valued that “ this type of mooring responds to a strategy to promote the economic development of Puerto del Rosario. Only from the union of synergies between administrations and economic agents will we be able to get out of this crisis, always being responsible for complying with health regulations so that it is a virus-free city ”, he stressed.

For her part, the Councillor for Tourism, Sonia Álamo , states that “we are recovering in Puerto del Rosario the new tourist normality with the activation of the Cruise Season this winter 2020/2021, which is undoubtedly very good news. Logically following strict protocols in health security, either by PCR at origin, social distancing, high frequency cleaning and disinfection and use of masks, among others. It is the favourite destination for national and international tourism who visit us seeking tranquillity, peace and relaxation, as well as leisure and cultural diversity but, above all, health security in which we are working ”.

http://www.puertodelrosario.org/index.ph...-noviembre

Handy link, hope they'll update it soon: http://www.palmasport.es/es/cruceros/pre...-cruceros/
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The Aída company suspends cruises in the Canary Islands following the new German guidelines

According to the Tourist Board, the Aida company informed its clients this afternoon of the suspension of the cruises scheduled for November.

With the following statement Aida addresses the clients who had planned a trip with the company during the month of November:

"As you know, on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, the German government took far-reaching measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19 infection and, as a result, more restrictions on public life and travel.

We fully support the federal government in its efforts to control the current pandemic in Germany and have therefore decided to interrupt our cruise season.

To our great regret, all the cruises that were planned between October 31, 2020 and November 30, 2020 cannot therefore take place.

This step is an expression of the responsibility and care we take to protect the health of our guests, employees and all the people we work with at our destinations.

All guests with confirmed reservations during this period whose trips are affected by these changes will be informed by us via SMS, email and the MyAIDA travel portal, depending on their contact details. "

It should be remembered that the city was waiting for the arrival of the AIDA Mar next Tuesday, one of the jewels of the company of 253 meters in length and capacity for 2,800 passengers. In this sense, the remainder of the year seems almost liquidated, and that the Port Authority of Las Palmas had in its portfolio to add more than 80 cruise calls in the remainder of the year, added the operation of all the facilities under its charge.

https://www.noticiasfuerteventura.com/fu...-noviembre

EDIT: attached the list, downloaded from www.palmasport.es

Attached Files
.pdf   CRUCEROS FUE 2020 web.pdf (Size: 103.32 KB / Downloads: 186)
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(30-10-2020, 11:52 AM)Sam Wrote:
The Aída company suspends cruises in the Canary Islands following the new German guidelines

According to the Tourist Board, the Aida company informed its clients this afternoon of the suspension of the cruises scheduled for November.

With the following statement Aida addresses the clients who had planned a trip with the company during the month of November:

"As you know, on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, the German government took far-reaching measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19 infection and, as a result, more restrictions on public life and travel.

We fully support the federal government in its efforts to control the current pandemic in Germany and have therefore decided to interrupt our cruise season.

To our great regret, all the cruises that were planned between October 31, 2020 and November 30, 2020 cannot therefore take place.

This step is an expression of the responsibility and care we take to protect the health of our guests, employees and all the people we work with at our destinations.

All guests with confirmed reservations during this period whose trips are affected by these changes will be informed by us via SMS, email and the MyAIDA travel portal, depending on their contact details. "

It should be remembered that the city was waiting for the arrival of the AIDA Mar next Tuesday, one of the jewels of the company of 253 meters in length and capacity for 2,800 passengers. In this sense, the remainder of the year seems almost liquidated, and that the Port Authority of Las Palmas had in its portfolio to add more than 80 cruise calls in the remainder of the year, added the operation of all the facilities under its charge.

https://www.noticiasfuerteventura.com/fu...-noviembre

EDIT: attached the list, downloaded from www.palmasport.es

Not really a surprise, as 3/4 of the Aida boats are moored off Tenerife where they have been for some months, including The Aidanova which allegedly was due in PR on Wednesday.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(30-10-2020, 02:10 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: Not really a surprise, as 3/4 of the Aida boats are moored off Tenerife where they have been for some months, including The Aidanova which allegedly was due in PR on Wednesday.

Wouldn't call it a surprise neither. The pandemic is way too strong for anyone to consider a cruise holiday for sure.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
I'm sure I just heard on the radio that Mein Schiff 2 is due in at Puerto today!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(06-11-2020, 08:35 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I'm sure I just heard on the radio that Mein Schiff 2 is due in at Puerto today!

The ship is currently moored in Las Palmas.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
She docked there last night around 20:00 direct from Hamburg, so it is feasible she will dock here tonight, or go on to Tenerife and come here on Sunday, will update when I can track her.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Sorry guys I forgot all about it, she is not coming here, she is due in Lanzarote at 07:00 tomorrow.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Just found a written article on Radio Sintonia:

TUI Cruises' Mein Schiff 2 opens cruise season in the Canary Islands
The Fuerteventura Tourist Board recalls this morning that   TUI Cruises' Mein Schiff 2 will debut today in the Canary Islands with 896 German passengers and a crew of 740 people who will have passed a test for the detection of COVID-19 before embarking.

The itinerary will begin and end in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and will stop alternately in the ports of Arrecife de Lanzarote, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, San Sebastián de La Gomera in a first program, and Puerto de Rosario (Fuerteventura), Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Santa Cruz de La Palma in a second itinerary.

These cruises through the Canary archipelago will be available to customers from German-speaking countries after the "success" of the launch of their tourism activity in Germany and Greece.

Health protocols

The German shipping company has assured that the safety of the passengers, the crew and the population of the islands is a priority for the company, in which it ensures that more than 40,000 people have traveled since last July "without incidents", thanks to the sanitary and hygiene protocol that it applies and that includes a mandatory COVID-19 test that is carried out on all people before boarding.

The chief executive of TUI Cruises, Wybcke Meier, has expressed his satisfaction for contributing to the relaunch of cruise tourism on the islands and thanked the cooperation shown "to all the competent authorities and their local partners" to make it possible.

(Tamara: Sorry, my Spanish missed the finer points when I heard it this morning! But I'm pretty sure that it said passengers will only leave the ship for tours by coach, not being allowed to wander around and mingle with locals.)
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Morning Tamara, she is not in PD or in fact in Arrecife as her destination flagged last night my plotter has her off the south coast of Gran Canaria heading South-South West, I am a tad confused but will have another look later,
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fred Olsen's new cargo ship TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 61 24-03-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  2023/24 Cruise Season TamaraEnLaPlaya 8 1,126 07-12-2023, 06:51 PM
  Cruise Terminal PdR TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 374 08-11-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Can the Man
  The navy ship "Meteoro" monitors the coast of Fuerteventura TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 353 19-10-2023, 08:31 PM
  Spanish naval vessel in Puerto del Rosario today TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 503 07-02-2023, 11:25 PM